What is Global Village?
Global Village volunteer trips offer more than just the opportunity to swing a hammer. Through Global Village, you can volunteer abroad with us in nearly 30 nations, experiencing the country like a local, with the locals.
We have various opportunities depending on your area of interest, including building one house or many houses at a time, advocating for policy while building, disaster recovery, minor and major home repairs, energy efficiency projects, working with vulnerable populations like children or the disabled, and also trips just for women.
Click here to visit Habitat’s Global Village FAQ.
Who is our Tithe Partner?
Sussex County Habitat for Humanity’s tithe partner is Habitat for Humanity Guatemala.
- Habitat for Humanity Guatemala was established in 1979.
- SCHFH partnered with Habitat for Humanity Guatemala in 1995.
- SCHFH has taken 4 trips to help build since the partnership began.
- Habitat for Humanity Guatemala:
- Has 25 offices across Guatemala.
- Has provided over 100,000 housing solutions for over 600,000 individuals.
- Is a source of employment for over 600 masons yearly.
- Provides different educational trainings to families.
Click here to visit our Tithe Partner’s Habitat website
Why volunteer abroad with Habitat?
- Helps support ongoing homebuilding efforts in Guatemala.
- Long term life changing contribution to the community you helped.
- Meet people with different backgrounds, religion, and cultures.
- Live locally with the locals.
For more information contact Michele, our Volunteer Services Manager, at email@example.com or (302) 855-1153 ext. 207.