Our Women Build Program
- Habitat for Humanity’s National Women Build Program recruits, educates and inspires women to build—and advocate for—simple, decent, and affordable housing.
- As a woman, you do have the power to impact the global housing crisis starting right in your own local community.
- Women Build is about empowering Women, not excluding Men. Besides, everyone knows real men do wear pink!
- The program continues to grow each year, empowering women everywhere to build stability and self-reliance through shelter.
- Dedicated volunteers donate time to Women Build committees such as Fundraising and Media Relations, to help spread the message of Women Build and to raise funds for the annual Women Build homes.
- In 2016, 300 affiliates participated during National Women Build Week - April 30th through May 7th - and 17,000 women volunteered.
- In the previous eight years, a total of 80,000 women hailing from all 50 states have participated in Women Build events.
- The idea is that they will continue to return to the annual Women Build events and volunteer more regularly as they are able.
- Even if you missed this year's build week, you can still join us for free How-to Clinics presented by Lowe's and you are welcome to volunteer with us anytime.
Sussex County Habitat's Women Build 2016 Project Continues with Four New Build Dates!
The Women Build Project continues with four new build dates just announced! Registration is now open. Please click on the "Calendar," choose a date, and sign up to serve with us.